Friday, February 4, 2011

On the road: Mazda 5 2.0 Sport

Mazda 5 2.0 sport ' Not what It says on the tin – ie, make people.» Photos: Simon Stuart-Miller

I will be honest with you, I was not quite sure what a Mazda 5 Sport is. I was enthusiastic about the "Sport" part – perhaps it would be one of the Japanese Max Power predator like an Evo or a Impreza with a massive exhaust, spoilers, full body kit, and I would do donuts around Homebase car park pumping out some wikkid dubstep.

Oh, is it a people carrier. There are no bloody good, I did not have any people to carry out, not even my girlfriend, who has gone to flip Thailand to get away from the wretched English boyfriend. It is mean, weather.

Hah, no problem, I can borrow some people. So do I. I borrow Dan (15), Kate 'n' Alice (12), Oliver (8), Miles (6) and Lucy (4). No idea who they are – street urchins, I believe. They are very happy to provide feedback in exchange for a half an hour or so out of the cold. Kate will even take notes. Really? I had assumed they were all illiterate. Perhaps I underestimated my passengers.

First impression is good. To enjoy the quality of the bass on the stereo. Kate likes his heated front seats. Alice says, it is much better than her family car, because it doesn't stink as much. She has a family? And a car? I have underestimated them. I am not sure, Lucy ever in a car, though – she seems overwhelmed and bewildered by the entire experience and say a bit of interest. Miles like sliding doors.

We take the Mazda 5 on a punishing test drive around north London. And as the journey goes, comments are less positive. There is not enough room in the pop up-center seat for the second row. It feels cramped everywhere, especially the very back. It can go any faster, Oliver wants to know. Well, not really. Sport part refers only to the fact that it has darker rear Windows than the standard model, slightly larger wheels and black leather seat trim with red piping system. It has nothing to do with performance. You would be bonkers to spend almost three grand more for few extras and black leather, which seems incongruous in What is clearly a school-Run a railway wagon. A sheep in Wolf's clothing.

To be fair, it is not bad to drive for a people carrier. Crisp, quality assured themselves, which means a hard drive shock and kids bit Bounce around a bit in the back. And it does what is says on the tin – ie, carry people, seven of them, provided they are not very large, and they do not need anything more than a packed lunch with them, You can change it around to make four people with a little more space, or two with much more. Then, adaptable and practical, but unlovable. And from my passengers? They settle on a generous seven out of 10 score.

OK, get out now, go home, if you have one. What do you think, I am your uncle? Not be crazy – scram.

Mazda 5 2.0 sport detail

Price £ 20,195
top speed 120 mph
Acceleration 0-60 mph in 11 seconds
Average consumption 40.9 mpg
CO2 emissions 150 g/km
Eco rating 6/10
bound to School
in a word Grey


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment